Monday, February 8, 2010

Real Wedding - Maui breeze, laid back ease

I'm hoping that by staring at this image long enough, I'll be magically transported to the place that Jennifer and Sebastien got married last November.


Amelia Lyon, who photographed the wedding, has the unique knack of taking photos that evoke the exact mood of the wedding. If it's a glam wedding, the photos are fit as artwork for the Plaza hotel. If it's a beach wedding in Maui, you start to relax just by looking at the photos, and just a little, you can hear Jack Johnson strumming in the background. And Amelia does this all while keeping that signature Lyon style that makes her subjects look like the most beautiful people alive. Speaking of Jenn and Seb...how gorge is this couple?







Jennifer's look has such a laid back ease to it while still being stunning. And the pop of color in her hair accessories are perfect for a tropical setting. When asked about how she would define her look for the day, Jenn answered:

My personal style is very laid back, but feminine! I almost always opt for comfort and functionality. I am happiest in jeans & tees, sundresses & flip flops! My dress is by Alfred Sung and was literally the last dress I tried on! I was enamored with a Vera Wang gown I'd found earlier that day and was going through the motions trying other styles and designers on... I slipped into this one and it fit perfectly! I loved how it hugged my body in all the right places. I had it altered slightly so it was softer, more romantic, and more me! It felt right! My accessories were suuuper simple. I don't wear a lot of jewelry and wanted to feel like myself on our day. I bought simple, classic looking earrings for $9.95(!) at American Eagle Outfitters of all places! My lovely feather hair clip (with vintage jewelry) was purchased on Etsy and made by the talented Neva Plume. My amazing hair and makeup artist Nicole DeAnne added more peacock feathers to give it even more of a "wow" factor. It all came together perfectly if you ask me!

We love the way Jenn throws in the cheap and chic accessories into her wedding day. She was obviously doing it her way, with a sound budget in mind. Nothing makes a wedding day more relaxed then knowing you can afford your honeymoon! Jenn's advice may help you newly engaged do the same:

I think for your wedding it is SO important to connect with who you are and what YOU want for your day! It's easy to get caught up in expectations and suggestions from well meaning family and friends, but in the end you'll only be happy following your heart! The same can be said for choosing a husband. Sorry ladies, I already snagged the best one!

No comments:

Post a Comment